Thursday 29 September 2011

Never Any Painted Footprints When You Need Them...

Where are those smart people at Tesco when you really need them, eh??


Dont ask me why, but in a moment of madness I decided to go for a run in the hills near where I live. Its been unseasonally hot weather this week for Glossop and I guess the heat affected my mind. So off I went up the "Snake Pass" and onto the "Roman Road".

Now as stated in last post, there are painted feet in front of Tesco's cash machines in Glossop. Their usefulness can be argued against depsite my obvious failings. However, such graphic depictions of where to place my size 9's would be more useful along the "Roman Road". Strewn as it is with loose stones, uneven ground and jutting rocks, a safe guide of where to place your feet would be useful. At least if you are as accident prone as me. (Trust me, this blog could quite easily have been called "1 Clumsy Man!")

But to my regret, no such guide exists. So surely it is not my fault then that I (not very gracefully) came crashing to the ground halfway round my run. How was I to know not to stub my toe on a potruding piece of rock? There were no signs, no warnings and no helpful Tesco footprints. Luckily for me, there were no people to laugh at my misfortune either. Just some baleful stares from the resident sheep. Although, when you look as stupid as I did at that moment those "baa's" sound uncannily like laughter!!

P.S. As I mentioned above, anyone who knows me realises I could have called my blog "1 Clumsy Man!". In that vein I have possible posts to illustrate this. Let me know what you might want to hear about from the 3 incidents below:

- "If You Are Going to Fall, Why Not In Front Of 8000 People?"
- "Famous Last Words: Careful Crossing This River Kids."
- "A Bridge Too Far..."

The one that gets most votes in comments I will share.

9 comments:

  1. Gosh, I'd like to hear about all of them but if I have to choose, "A Bridge Too Far" has my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8000 viewers sounds like it could be fun.

    Another potential post is the letter of complaint you could draft to Tesco, complaining about their shortfalls outlined above ! ;)

    RJR Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been that kind of day, so I'll pass along the obnoxiousness and make it a three way tie by voting for famous last words... LOL ;) I'm sure someone else will comment, meanwhile I think John's idea of sending a letter to Tesco is a a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to hear them all, and since I ALWAYS get my own way, I shall be expecting an explanation of all them. You have till the end of the week ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Clyde "forever mummy" if you always get your own way? Although you're probably right. Maybe they will all appear at sometime, but which is first?? So far its "8000 People".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep. I'm going for 8000 people. 8000 people can't be wrong, can they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can craft on your kitchen table, but if it's not finished and you need to use your table for dinner, it is very frustrating to clean up and start again.satta king
    satta bazar

    ReplyDelete